You can sambaza airtel credit to another airtel number using various methods; USSD, Airtel Me2U Service, and SMS. The processes are pretty simple.
Transfer Airtime using Airtel Me2U
- Go to SIM Toolkit and choose Airtel services
- Click on Me2U
- Choose ‘Tuma airtime’
- Enter the amount to transfer
- Enter the mobile number or search SIM contacts
- Click ‘Okay’ on the prompt
- Enter the default PIN which is 0000 and click Ok
- You will receive a confirmation message from Airtel
Transfer Airtime using SMS
- Access your Messages App.
- Enter 5050 as the recipient
- Input 2u [phone number] [amount] [password] as message eg 2u 0700000001 50 3323
- You’ll receive a confirmation message from Me2U of the successful transfer.
Transfer Airtime using USSD
- Dail *140#
- Enter the amount you wish to transfer
- Enter the recipient’s airtel number
- Confirm request
- You’ll receive a confirmation message from Me2U with the amount airtel sent and fee charges
By following these simple processes, you transfer airtime from your number to a friend or colleague, something that comes in handy when it’s the only option available.
The service allows you to transfer a minimum of Ksh 10 to a maximum of Ksh 1000. In addition, Airtel charges a maximum of 3% of the amount transacted above Ksh 40 as fees.
I hope this helps.